Withdrawal Policy

Enrollment Cancellation

Students must contact the Registrar’s Office if they need to drop all classes at the University before the first day of class for any term. A cancellation results in removal of all enrollments for the semester. Cancellations are not noted on the permanent record. No tuition or fees are charged, but other charges such as housing are the responsibility of the student.

A student can request a registration cancellation in person, or by emailing the Registrar’s Office at registrar@chu.edu. A registration cancellation request should include the following:

  • First and last name of the student

  • CHU Populi ID

  • Term a student wants to cancel

  • Reason for cancellation

Complete Official Withdrawal

Students who wish to withdraw from all enrolled courses after the census date are considered a complete withdrawal from the semester and/or University.

  • Students must complete the

  • Once completed, the form must be returned to the Registrar’s Office

When a student officially withdraws from all courses in any given term, any refund of tuition will be governed by the University Withdrawal Refund Policy. Students who withdraw from the University after the census date and are enrolled in classes will receive a “W” on their transcript for all enrolled courses. The grade of “W” is not calculated into a student’s GPA but the credits attempted will still count toward completion rate for Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students may not withdraw after the end of the seventh week of classes.

If a student wants to cancel a withdrawal request and continue to attend classes, the student must notify the Registrar or Academics Office in writing to revoke the withdrawal request.

Complete Official Withdrawal

Students who express their intention to withdraw from all classes are contacted for confirmation and officially withdrawn. Unlike an official withdrawal, an unofficial withdrawal is a university-initiated withdrawal of a student from a course and/or a program at the University. Students may be unofficially withdrawn by CHU administrative staff for the following reasons:

  • Student Code of Conduct is violated

  • Enrollment or attendance in academically-related activities cannot be verified

  • Unsuccessful financial aid appeal

  • Registration is not completed

  • CHU policy is violated

If a student fails all of the classes attempted in a semester because they do not attend their classes, the student is considered unofficially withdrawn, and the midpoint (50%) of the term will be used as the withdrawal date. Administrative withdrawals are reviewed on an individual basis; and if applicable, a refund is applied.

Individual Course Drop/Withdrawal

Students can drop a course with a full tuition refund during the first week of a term. If a student makes a request to drop the course after that time but before the end withdrawal deadline, the student is “withdrawn” from the course and a grade “W” is assigned to the dropped class(es). Students must review their class schedule to verify that they are registered for the correct courses each term. Courses may not be dropped after the withdrawal deadline. Students who are required to maintain full-time status with the University are not given permission to withdraw below the full-time enrollment requirement. Refunds of tuition and fees are subject to the University Withdrawal Refund Policy. Students may not withdraw from individual courses after the end of the seventh week of classes.

Individual Course Drop/Withdrawal

Students who received Federal Title IV financial aid and withdraw from the University will have the unearned portion of these awards returned to Federal Title IV financial aid programs. Federal Title IV financial aid includes the Federal Pell Grant, the Federal Stafford Loan, and the Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). Colorado Heights University returns any unearned portion of financial aid in accordance with Federal guidelines. Students and parents should note that the requirement to return Federal Title IV funds may result in a balance due to Colorado Heights University subsequent to withdrawal.

Other Policies